Load time optimization
Google categorized five categories that describe aspects of page load optimization:
- 1) Optimizing caching — keeping your application's data and logic off the network altogether
- 2) Minimizing round-trip times — reducing the number of serial request-response cycles
- 3) Minimizing request overhead — reducing upload size
- 4) Minimizing payload size — reducing the size of responses, downloads, and cached pages
- 5) Optimizing browser rendering — improving the browser's layout of a page
Google suggested source that gives optimization rules:
- Make Fewer HTTP Requests
- Use a Content Delivery Network
- Add an Expires Header
- Gzip Components
- Put Stylesheets at the Top
- Put Scripts at the Bottom
- Avoid CSS Expressions
- Reduce DNS Lookups
- Avoid Redirects
- Remove Duplicate Scripts
- Configure ETags
- Make AJAX Cacheable
As page optimization is part of SEO - now it is time to revise your approach to on-site optimization, as high-speed broadband internet with a slow sites is nonsense.
Good reading is Yahoo! YSlow.
No reaction yet.