SEO Freelancer Trends For 2008
Personally I don't see a lot of nice possibilities around Freelance Search Engine Optimization for 2008. For the Rat it will be a hard job to digg niches in the corn-bins of Web2.0. Especially those ones with a high Page Ranks and top social bookmarking scores.
From technical point we will do more AJAX and RSS (ads and images) optimization, besides everlasting optimization of CSS/XHTML for always green browsers. At last we will meet optimization for Mobiles, or at least for mobile sites.
From SEO guru's point of view in everyday Search Engine Optimization practice SEO Freelancer will meet next:
1. Booth of SEMANTIC SEARCH ENGINES.
That means more attention to Knols by Google, Hakia, Powerset, Twine, Freebase, AdaptiveBlue, Snap, and others.
2. Mobile videoconferencing boost.
Mobile video optimization? 3. Internet currencies warm up.
That's simply fine.
4. In order to stay competitive, brands will try to understand, identify, and respond to their users_ specific needs by employing social media tools and user-generated content (UGC).
More attention to USG sites.
5. The political activism in the blogosphere will become truly active. Is your client a politician?
6. Intimacy and usefulness will be valued more, forming affinity groups and niches.
More attention to affinity groups.
7. The companies that will not use social media tools to make the voice of their customers heard will lose in front of competition.
Achtung! Watch social media tools!
8. Personal interest will reshape the web surfing patterns, reducing the frequency of site-to-site hopping conduit, dominant so far.
9. More mature population will join to social networks.
Can you enlarge font-size?
10. The major corporations will replace the outdated intranet systems and will build better communication with employees by making use of social media on customizable, scalable and feature-rich platforms.
SEO for intranet?
11. Mobile social media (MSM) will become a bigger player on the market, following ever growing demands.
12. OpenID and companies like ClaimID will have a much stronger impact.
Watch your reputation!
Tags to watch:
Search Engine Optimization (SEO), Pay-Per-Click (PPC), Online Reputation Management (ORM), SEM (Search Engine Marketing), Social Media Optimization (SMO), Social Bookmarking Statistics (SBS), User-Generated Content (UGC)
There are other top 2008 trends for Koreans:
Korean SEO freelance services have to watch next tags, which will be ours in 2010 ;)
Search Engine Optimization (SEO), Internet-Protocol TV (IPTV), Mobile Internet or Mobile WiMax (WiBro), Organic Light-Emitting Diode TV (OLED TV), Transport Protocol Expert Group Navigation, TPEG Navigation
Anyway, SEO Freelancing in 2008 will have success.
Are you optimizer?