Perfection In Simplicity08-02-2008
Just found: In anything at all, perfection is finally attained not when there is no longer anything to add, but when there is no longer anything to take away - Antoine de Saint Exupery. Thats true, man. I can't even say more.
Simplicity In Code17-06-2007
Simplicity is a wonderful thing.
Its make things better.
Remember those perfectly rounded stones brought by ancient sea, which were admired by Greeks? They are a perfect example of how The Mother Nature makes things simple to survive.
Exactly as in our everyday living.
We OWN to make simple that we even can't imagine to be simple. Simplicity of system does system strong. The bee takes honey. So simple.
You make connections with your friends and partners. If it lasts for month, year, years - you are surprized - your relationships got stronger, but attitudes with people - got simpler.
What is it?
All those informative channels exists and made by Structure of the Universe. Any steady information channel - with accent on "steady" - loses its information garbage and gives rise to a code which as much as possible provides structure. 'Automation eats things', Lotman.
Simplicity in minimal code.
Prinicples of Simplicity11-01-2007
- REDUCE - The simplest way to achieve simplicity is through thoughtful reduction
- ORGANIZE - Organization makes a system of many appear fewer
- TIME - Savings in time feel like simplicity
- LEARN - Knowledge makes everything simpler
- DIFFERENCES - Simplicity and complexity need each other
- CONTEXT - What lies in the periphery of simplicity is definitely not peripheral
- EMOTION - More emotions are better than less
- TRUST - In simplicity we trust
- FAILURE - Some things can never be made simple
- THE ONE - Simplicity is about subtracting the obvious, and adding the meaningful
I can't agree with almost all, for example: Simplicity and complexity need each other. No. Simplicity has aggressive character in its nature. Complexity is warm, in chaos, Yin, black, misty. The Simple eats Complexity for its breakfast. Simplicity is the output, quintessence, exhaltation, the attractor. Simplicity and complexity doesn't need each other.
More on Wabi-Sabi.
1. The property, condition, or quality of being simple or uncombined.
2. Absence of luxury or showiness; plainness.
3. Absence of affectation or pretense.
a. Lack of sophistication or subtlety; naiveté.
b. Lack of good sense or intelligence; foolishness.
a. Clarity of expression.
b. Austerity in embellishment.