Here is a smart and ancient thoughts about good life, health and prosperity. Buddha means “awakened one” or “the enlightened one.”
- Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment.
- The mind is everything
What you think you become.
- Just as a mother would protect her only child with her life, even so let one cultivate a boundless love towards all beings
- We are shaped by our thoughts; we become what we think
When the mind is pure, joy follows like a shadow that never leaves.
- No one saves us but ourselves
No one can and no one may
We ourselves must walk the path.
- There are only two mistakes one can make along the road to truth; not going all the way, and not starting.
- There is nothing so disobedient as an undisciplined mind, and there is nothing so obedient as a disciplined mind.
- The only real failure in life is not to be true to the best one knows.
- You cannot travel the path until you have become the path itself.
- Peace comes from within
Do not seek it without.
- If you light a lamp for somebody, it will also brighten your path.
- If you find no one to support you on the spiritual path, walk alone. There is no companionship with the immature.
- In separateness lies the world’s greatest misery; in compassion lies the world’s true strength.
- There is no path to happiness: happiness is the path.
- You will not be punished for your anger, you will be punished by your anger.
- The whole secret of existence is to have no fear.
- Pain is certain, suffering is optional.
- Thousands of candles can be lit from a single candle, and the life of the candle will not be shortened
Happiness never decreases by being shared.
- All wrong-doing arises because of mind
If mind is transformed can wrong-doing remain?
- To conquer oneself is a greater task than conquering others.
- Your work is to discover your work and then with all your heart to give yourself to it.
- Even death is not to be feared by one who has lived wisely.
- People with opinions just go around bothering one another.
- One moment can change a day, one day can change a life and one life can change the world.
- Whatever words we utter should be chosen with care for people will hear them and be influenced by them for good or ill.
- Hatred does not cease through hatred at any time
Hatred ceases through love
This is an unalterable law.
- Every morning we are born again
What we do today is what matters most.
- Nothing ever exists entirely alone; everything is in relation to everything else.
- It is a man’s own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
- Nothing can harm you as much as your own thoughts unguarded.
- Just as treasures are uncovered from the earth, so virtue appears from good deeds, and wisdom appears from a pure and peaceful mind
To walk safely through the maze of human life, one needs the light of wisdom and the guidance of virtue.
- With fools, there is no companionship
Rather than to live with men who are selfish, vain, quarrelsome, and obstinate, let a man walk alone.
- However many holy words you read, however many you speak, what good will they do you if you do not act on upon them?
- It is better to travel well than to arrive.
- Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one who gets burned.
- It is in the nature of things that joy arises in a person free from remorse.
- Give, even if you only have a little.
- Should you find a wise critic to point out your faults, follow him as you would a guide to hidden treasure.
- Should a seeker not find a companion who is better or equal, let them resolutely pursue a solitary course.
- Meditate - do not delay, lest you later regret it.
- One is not called noble who harms living beings
By not harming living beings one is called noble.
- A disciplined mind brings happiness.
- I do not dispute with the world; rather it is the world that disputes with me.
- The one in whom no longer exist the craving and thirst that perpetuate becoming; how could you track that Awakened one, trackless, and of limitless range.